Fish-Skull Articulated Shank - This innovative, multipurpose material is a key component for tying different styles of articulated streamers, such as single-hook and double-hook articulated streamers, poppers, and sliders, as well as in streamers that use a free-swinging stinger hook, such as intruder-style salmon and steelhead flies.
- Quick and easy to tie: Eliminates the need to sacrifice a hook to make a shank.
- Realistic movement: Increases both tail action and overall fly length.
- Durability: Reduces the leverage a hooked fish typically places on a fly.
- Stainless steel: For saltwater use.
- Limitless combinations: Combine with the Baitfish Head, Fish-Mask or Sculpin Helmet to create irresistible, realistic streamer patterns.
- 20 shanks per package
How to use:
- Tie materials onto the hook to create the tail of the fly.
- Fit the finished tail hook on the loop of the Articulated Shank.
- Put the Articulated Shank in the vise and use thread wraps to close off the loop.
- Continue adding body materials to the Articulated Shank and finish the fly in the normal way.