Design, create and pimp fantastic flies by using wide range of Gulff UV resin products. All the products are high-quality and guaranteed to be tack-free. Resins are especially designed for fly tying by strictly following the requirements of UV resin professionals. For example, Gulff is one of the only manufacturers offering very effective 365nm UV flashlights tailored for fly-tying. Clear and coloured Gulff resin products can be used for realistic flies, strike points, predator streamers, worms, dark details, fly body building and clear finishing – anything.
Gulff UV resins are top-quality resin products that have been tested by renowned fly tiers. The resin concept, with the advantages it provides, represents the best of the industry. Due to the high-quality Gulff resin product, the resins cure quickly, and there are almost no unwanted smells produced during curing. You can choose from several different resin products to create a range of impressive flies.
Package size is 15 or 50 ml.
Available in several models:
- Classic Clear:
- Classic glue is developed for general fly tying needs and has normal thickness and you can adjust the elasticity.
- Thinman Clear:
- Thinman Clear resin, almost like a varnish. Thin but not too thin viscosity for beautiful finishing. It does not cover or fill fly detail. It highlights the detail. Make thin layers.
- Fatman Clear:
- A high viscosity glue (high thickness) as the name says. Good for building bigger heads and bodies. Note that it will take couple of seconds longer to cure due thickness.
- Flexman Clear:
- Flexman Clear is the best option if you need Classic medium viscosity resin features but flex and soft finishing. It is very strong, flex and soft. Remember that predators have large and strong teeth. For that reason Flexman is not too soft. Flexman finishing fills easily requirements for shrimps, streamers, fly heads and eggs.
- Ambulance colors:
- Ambulance colors are a hot color resins for attention and strike point use. You can choose from 4 different fluorescense colors. Make small spots and thin layers, cure 10-15s. Use clear Gulff resins for coating if needed.
- Nitro Baitfish Skin:
- Nitro Baitfish Skin is a silver dyed and glittered streamer body builder which imitates small fish skin. Baitfish skin is almost ingenious. It changes colors depending on the weather or time of day. For example shiny and glittering under sunlight and moonlight. But dark silver in the night time. Use for streamer bodies or other fish imitations. Make thin layers and cure 6s. Wait for 5s. until you touch the fly. Point any bright light to resin surface at least 20 seconds to get a nice in the dark glowing effect.
- Nitro Night Skin:
- Nitro Night Skin is a phosphorus streamer body builder which glows in the dark. It attracts predator fish and makes your flies visible in the night time. The glowing colour is light blue and without glowing effect the color is greyish. For night fishing only. make thin layers and cure 6s. Wait for 5s. until you touch the fly. Point any bright light to resin surface at least 20 seconds to get a nice in the dark glowing effect.
- Natural Nymph Green:
- Olive green color glue, especially for realistic nymph flies.
- Natural Nymph Brown
- As above, but brown color.
- Pink Attack
- Pink glue, for rainbow trout flies, strike points and attractive bodies.
- Red Alert
- Red glue for worms and strike points.
- Black Magic
- Black color is good general color. Great for larvae backs and heads and many other uses.
- Amber is a lightly honey colored resin. You can create beautifull natural looking flies. We suggest you to try Amber with brown and golden fibers for nymphs and larvaes. Anyway it is at best for small insect flies.
- Excellent glue for shrimp flies.
- Glow Green
- Glowing green color for nymph, heads, bodies and strike points.
- Ghost White:
- Ghost White glowing resin is developed for ice fishing hooks and fly streamers in many connections. This resin attracts fish very well because of in the night glowing effect. We suggest to combine Ghost resin and Gulff Ambulance resins. This glue has Fl. White finish.
How to get quality results
The resin should be cured by taking a UV flashlight and holding it at a distance of 1-2 cm from the surface of the resin, evenly directing the light towards each side of this surface. With a powerful light, colourless Gulff UV resins will cure in a matter of seconds. We recommend using the Gulff UV flashlight. Also Loon UV-lights can be used for curing. After curing, allow the surface of the resin to cool for about 5 seconds, without touching it. If the resin surface has been cured properly, it will be either shiny or matte, depending on the choice of resin, but it will always be free of stickiness. However, if the surface of the resin remains sticky for a long period of time after being exposed to the light, ensure that the flashlight’s batteries are at full power, that the flashlight was at a distance of about 1 cm from the resin, and that the fly does not contain any oily materials. Note that coloured resins take longer to cure than clear ones. Also, remember to change / charge your flashlight’s batteries appropriately often: even a small decrease in battery power will reduce the effectiveness of curing. Avoid looking towards UV light.
How to choose the right type of UV flashlight
Experts recommend always using a powerful UV flashlight (e.g. 365nm/3w) like Gulff UV flashlight. Keep in mind that the inexpensive, general-purpose 395-405nm UV flashlights available on the market are not the best possible options for UV resins. Inexpensive UV flashlights are often low-wattage and of variable quality. The quality differences are due to the fact that no standard model of UV light source is used in them, the advertised wattages are maximum values, and the light-guidance mechanisms they have may not be suitable to the purpose. Note that not all UV flashlights are appropriate for fly-tying. UV flashlights that are specifically meant for fly tying have special light-guidance mechanisms, as they are designed to be brought close to the target object. By choosing the Gulff UV flashlight, you can be sure you are using a flashlight meant for fly tying.
Take note of safety related issues mentioned on the packaging. Gulff resin is very quick-drying resin, and can cause harm if used improperly. There is a very high risk of harm if the resin gets onto the skin and UV light hits the surface of skin that has been smeared with the resin. A burn may form on the skin, or the glue may become stuck to the skin. When handling the resin and UV light, protect the eyes and avoid skin contact. The chemicals should always be used in a well-ventilated space. The resin must absolutely be kept out of the reach of children. Note that the resin cures under sunlight as well. UV resins heat up when exposed to light.
Actual colors might vary from color images depending what kind of material is under glue and how thick layer of glue is used.