Semperfli Nano Silk is regarded as the tying thread of choice of professional fly tyers worldwide. Being so super strong and available in such a variety of colors and deniers it has endless possibilities and can be used for micro flies to large flies.
If you rotate Nano Silk anti clockwise to untwist (it has 100 twists per meter to keep the thead together) it will lay perfectly flat, it can be used for deer hair and foam or split for a dubbing loop with a fine needle. White Nano Silk can be dyed with a simple permanent marker pen for any color you may desire. Alternatively the last 10 cm can be colored with a marker pen for a head.
- Specially formulated Gel Spun Polyethylene (GSP) for extra strength
- Use as a fly tying thread
- 50 m per spool
- Because Nano Silk lays perfectly flat you get no thread build up
- Use ceramic bobbin holder
Four thicknesses available:
- 3/0: Thickest and strongest, best for large pike and saltwater flies.
- 6/0: Suitable for large streamers and pike flies.
- 12/0: Good all-a-round tying thread whether you tie leeches or dry flies.
- 16/0: Use for the tiniest insect imitations.
- 24/0: Possibly the worlds strongest fly tying silk for its diameter. The Nano Silk Ultra is ideal for flies sizes 18 and smaller. And you can still split it down further or use it to tie dubbing loops. Use with ceramic bobbins.
||Hook size rec.