UV2 Ringneck Pheasant Tail is treated with UV2 process which enhances the material's visibility for the fish. Pheasant tail is one of the must have materials for fly tying due to it's multi-purpose nature. The most famous fly that uses this material is Frank Sawyer's Pheasant Tail Nymph. Use for tails, wings, bodies, legs, backs and other parts of the insect. You can also knot the fibers for daddy long legs fies.
- Spirit River UV2 Ringneck Pheasant Tail feathers can be used for tails, wings, bodies, legs etc.
- Package includes two feathers
- Feather length about 40 cm
- Barb length 2 - 4 cm
Ultravision UV2 is a proprietary process of dying that enhances material, adds visibility and natural color spectrums. Double dye process gives UV2 materials and flies the added UVF/UVR ultraviolet wave lengths.
- UVF is the UV Fluorescence. It is common on everything from street signs to bass lures. Lighter colors have stronger UVF effect on human eyes and darker colors weaker.
- UVR is the UV Reflectance. It is a spectrum of wave lengths humans can not perceive yet is extremely common in the animal and insect world. UVR allows mayflies to find mates, and bees to find flowers. Many male birds and bugs have a strong natural UVR signature.